Digital Printing Specialist Position
Under general direction, performs a variety of technical and support services involving printing and production operations; establishes and maintains printing schedules; performs related duties as assigned.
- Job Title: Digital Print Specialist
- Department: Production
- Reports To: Print Manager/Department Head
- Location: San Diego, CA (Miramar)
- Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly setting up/imposing various types of print jobs.
- Ensure job tickets are 100% accurate based on information provided in the company software, XVantage.
- Properly load/unload the required paper type in all presses.
- Check print output for quality (color, registration, press flaws, etc.).
- Ensure proper press maintenance is maintained.
- Have the ability to properly troubleshoot press issues and be able to submit a “Trouble Call” when repairs are out of our training realm.
- Manage the print queue in an effective and timely manner ensuring that print jobs are handled based on current priorities (Priority Print and regular print).
- Coordinate with Customer Service and/or Pre-press regarding any job discrepancies.
- Able to effectively plan and coordinate, on short notice, the printing of any RUSH CRITICAL jobs that hit the print queue.
- Notify relevant Managers of disruptions to normal work flow; e.g., Bindery Manager of last minute Priority jobs, equipment downtime, etc.
- Ensure all workspaces assigned to the Press Department are clean at all times. This includes print desks, presses, floors, and computer desk tops.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Print Manager/Department Head.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and communicate effectively with co-workers and other departments. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Computer literate.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to lift/move/carry 70+ pounds.
- Printing experience preferred, but not necessary. We will train.
We are a small, fun and close-knit company that is rapidly growing and expanding. We are looking to find like-minded, motivated, and driven professionals to join our team. We have a unique corporate culture, and you must enjoy working with other great individuals. We are searching for people who are looking for a career and opportunities for advancement.
If you are looking for a challenging career that can be very rewarding, a workplace that values your contributions, and you have a desire to be part of something special, please send an email to email@example.com with a resume, references, and a description about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our company.
OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS
- Customer Service Representatives
- Prepress Specialists
- Bindery Operators
- Digital Print Specialists
- Quality Control Inspector