Bindery Operator Position
Bindery personnel are part of a team specializing in print production finishing procedures such as Saddle Stitching, Perfect Binding, Spiral Binding, Wire-O Binding, 3 Hole Punching, Stapling, Cutting, UV Coating, Laminating, Shrink Wrapping, Folding, Packing, and Shipping. The Bindery's goal is for accuracy, quality, high efficiency and on time delivery.
- Job Title: Bindery Operator
- Department: Production
- Reports To: Bindery Manager/Department Head
- Location: San Diego, CA (Miramar)
- Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trained Bindery personnel must be able to operate all Bindery machinery including Horizon SPF-20 Saddle Stitcher, Horizon BQ-260 and Horizon BQ-440 Perfect Binders, Count and Morgana Creasers, Count U.V. Coater, Rhin-O-Tuff Hole Punch, Polar and Challenge Cutters, 3 Hole Punch and Staplers, Shrink Wrapper, Baum Folder.
- Packing boxes for shipment.
- Paper stocking.
- Toner stocking.
- Machine Maintenance.
- Shop cleanliness.
To perform this job successfully, Bindery personnel must be able to perform responsibilities to the satisfaction of management, work well in a team environment, have a positive attitude and be a motivated individual. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to lift 70+ pounds
- Work in a fast paced, physical environment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Mechanical inclinations.
- Printing/Manufacturing experience.
- Shipping knowledge.
We are a small, fun and close-knit company that is rapidly growing and expanding. We are looking to find like-minded, motivated, and driven professionals to join our team. We have a unique corporate culture, and you must enjoy working with other great individuals. We are searching for people who are looking for a career and opportunities for advancement.
If you are looking for a challenging career that can be very rewarding, a workplace that values your contributions, and you have a desire to be part of something special, please send an email to email@example.com with a resume, references, and a description about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our company.
OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS
- Customer Service Representatives
- Prepress Specialists
- Bindery Operators
- Digital Print Specialists
- Quality Control Inspector