Where can I print magazines?
|June 12, 2014||Filed under Print Products & Options||
New magazines are sprouting up all over America: the costs of designing, printing, publishing, and advertising are coming down all the time. With so many new magazines starting out, there are many first-time magazine publishers that ask the question: “Where can I print magazines?”
This article aims to answer the question: “where can I print magazines” by providing the factors and criteria needed to place your first magazine print order.
If you want to order magazine printing online, check out MGX Copy’s magazine printing page—we offer fantastically helpful customer service, and the best pricing!
Choose a printing company with great customer service—you’ll need it
Many people are interested in the lowest price the first time around, but that may not be the wisest choice. You want to make sure you get your first magazine print done smoothly and done well. (I’ll get to price later.)
So, the first time you print a magazine, you’ll want to choose a printing company with great customer service. A printing company with great customer service will give you advice on things like:
- File design for printing: there are certain design requirements for printing, and most first-time magazine designers design their files wrong!)
- Turnaround time: many first-time magazine publishers are on a deadline—a printing company with good customer service representatives will give you all the information you need to balance between your time and budget
- Advice on print product options like paper & binding: again, great service representatives will help you make better decisions about print product options (see our blog article about choosing magazine paper) to balance between your desired presentation and your budget
- Additional services like bulk mailing: mailing and distributing magazines can be difficult and costly, and printing companies can often advise you on your options for distributing magazines
So, when you choose a printing company, make sure you check out their customer reviews online—check what people say about their customer service department. Also, see if their customer service representatives are helpful on the phone. If they’re not very helpful, you should shop around!
For example, we at MGX Copy put a lot of effort in providing above-and-beyond customer service. When it comes to magazine printing, our reps frequently provide design tips, answer design questions, and do free file checks for any magazine self-publishers. If you have any of the questions above, our customer service reps will chat with you until you have all your questions answered!
So in response to your question about, “where can I print magazines”: check their reviews for their quality and also make sure that any printing company you choose will answer any and all questions you have—especially the non-sales questions!
Where can I print magazines for cheap?
Once you get in the groove of things, and you know how to get the magazines printed right, you can focus on finding a place to get magazines printed for cheap. For this, you have several options:
- Print local: allows you to do local pickup & meetings
- Print online: significant savings through wholesale/high-volume production quality & pricing
So the second tip I have in response to, “where can I print magazines” is: you want to choose an online magazine printing company like MGX Copy to get your magazines printed for cheap. Many online printing companies can often provide quicker turnaround options because they have the facilities to churn out high volumes of magazine printing orders.