Spiral Bound Booklets
Spiral binding allows large number of loose sheets to be bound together, while still allowing the book to lay flat. Without sacrificing durability, looks, or quality, spiral binding is commonly chosen as a professional economical option for presentation pieces.
- What do I need to know before I design my project?
The design issues that we encounter most frequently are: problems with full bleed design, files are the wrong size for the product, and files whose quality is too low.
For a more comprehensive listing of the major design issues, please visit the File Checklist in the FAQ.
- What is full bleed?
If your document does not have an 1/8” white margin around all four edges , then your document needs to be printed with full bleed. The reason why full bleed does not come standard with all copies is because it requires extra labor. All printers need to leave a white margin at the edges.
Full bleed documents need to be formatted properly. If your document matches this description above, please click here to find out more information on how design your file for full bleeds.
- What file format should I use for my documents?
We can also accept other image types (JPEG’s, PNG’s, GIF’s, TIFF’s), Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Powerpoint presentations, Adobe Photoshop files, and Adobe InDesign files.
- What paper should I use?
Please visit the Paper Advice Section in our Product Advice Center. There you will find a more detailed look at what paper is good for some common usages for our products.
- File Format: .PDF (Preferred), .DOC, .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .TIFF, .AI, .PSD, .PUB, .PPT.
- Resolution: 300 DPI.
- Color Space: We prefer CMYK (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/blacK). If you use RGB, the colors on the print may turn out, in some cases, different than what you're expecting. Learn more >
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 11" for copies without full bleed. 8.75" x 11.25" for copies with full bleed.
- Fonts: Please flatten your documents before sending your file. If you use a special font which our system can not recognize, the document will replace your font with another font in our system.
- Full Bleed: For full bleed prints, we need an extra 1/8" on all four edges—we will cut that off. We recommend that text not placed near any edge. In fact, we recommend leaving an additional margin beyond what we will cut off. Learn more >